(right) will be the new principal at the newly named "Janice
K. Pollard Early Childhood Center". Mrs. Boomer posed with
Mrs. Pollard (left) after the June 6th school board meeting where
the principal hiring and building renaming were approved.
Superintendent Terry Due said it was "extremely fitting"
to name the ECC building after Janice Pollard after her 37 years
with the Collinsville Schools and her key role in development of
the early childhood program here. Janice thanked the board and administration
for the honor and stated that the "school is the staff"
meaning that the outstanding teachers and staff that she has had
over the years helped make the ECC a success. -- (Previous
1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: June 6, 2011
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board
of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote
to table or decide not to
vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- Joe
Hampton absent (with Stout, Ostrander, Johnson and Sears present)
3) Presentation By The Constituency. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes May 6, 2011 Special Meeting and May 9,
2011 Regular Meeting. -- approved
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2011 General and Building and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets,
Reports, Allocations and Investments.
-- Note: I left during this item to cover the
concurrent city commission meet and have no results for items below
until item 21. -- Ted
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers.
7) Update District Student Handbooks for FY2012.
a) Karen Rowden MS Librarian.
b) Linda Blunt HS EOI Test Coordinator.
c) Ashley Farley HS Math.
d) Kay Barnett MS Special Needs.
e) Jennifer Limbocker HS Counselor.
f) Heather Ellis HS Social Studies.
g) Rita Pate ESC Treasurer/CFO.
h) Rachal Kemper Wilson TA.
i) Julie Chisum HS Special Needs TA.
9) Discussion and Vote to Renew FY2012 Student Accounting and Information
Lease with MAS, Inc, 10) Discussion and Vote to Accept Workers
Compensation Bids for FY2011-2012.
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Tulsa Technology Center Transportation
Contract for FY2012.
12) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of Certified
and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of the Open
Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session And
Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified Personnel for FY2012.
15) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
16) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
17) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
18) Hiring of Personnel:
a) ECC Principal. -- Ashley Boomer (see
photo above) .. here since
b) MS Special Needs Teacher.
c) Wilson Special Needs Teacher.
19) Discussion and Vote to Approve Certification of School District
20) Discussion and Vote to Approve School District Permission to Invest
21) Vote to Approve Certificate and Order of Board of Education to County
Clerks and County Treasurers of Tulsa County, Rogers County and Washington
County. -- approved
22) Discussion and Vote to Set Special School Board Meeting for Late
June 2011. -- a 7pm Monday June 27th special meeting
23) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* bids on lawn maintenance, janitorial services and supplies
* prioritizing a list of summer projects
* working with Flintco
24) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* It was a "Good school year" and thanks to all the principals
and staff for how well they handled the continued cutbacks
* Great graduation ceremony ... recommends returning to TU "as
long as they will have us"
* Will be some ripple effect following Ashley Boomer's move to ECC principal
25) Announcements. --
26) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not known
at the time the agenda was posted). -- Terry Due
recommended and the board approved naming the ECC building in honor
of Janice K.Pollard. (see photo and comments above)
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 2nd day of June, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright's comments added in purple