1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: November 8, 2010
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to
vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order
and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.-- all
3) Presentation By The Constituency. .-- none
4) Reading of Minutes October 4, 2010 Regular Meeting and October
19, 2010 Special School Board Meeting. .-- approved
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2011 General and Building Funds and All District Funds - Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. .--
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. .--
approved (24 total)
7) Bond Update. .-- tabled until December meet
8) Declare Surplus and No Longer Needed by the District: --
a) Band Instruments.
b) Scrap Metal, several items.
c) HS Ice Machine.
d) CNP Freezer/Refrigerator at Wilson.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve School District Title 1 Five (5) Year
Plan. -- approved (had previously been approved
10) Annual District Student Drop-out Report. --
approved, In grades 7-12, 18 drops outs were reported with 1 of those
later getting a GED and another two starting home school programs (out
of ~100 students total).
11) ACE Remediation Plan Update FY11. -- approved,
mostly 8th & 9th grade remediation for math (Algebra) and reading
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Election Call Resolution, Post #1.
-- approved, Donna Sear's post will be up for
another 5-year term with a Feb. 8, 2011 vote if required (& April
5th runoff if required). The filing period is Dec. 6-8th, 2010.
13) Resignations: -- approved
a) Jeremy Rankin, HE Classroom Teacher 4th grade. --
to business world
b) Paul Hartman, HS Chemistry/Science. -- minister
wife transferring to Cheyenne, Wyoming.
14) Hiring of Personnel: -- approved
a) Lawana Carl,HE 4th Grade Classroom Teacher, Temporary Contract. --
Guthrie / OSU, 10 yr experience, off 5 years
b) Rita Poindexter, Title 1 Reading Specialist, PT. --
Rusty's mom, teacher of year in 3 different districts, retired
c) Charlotte Shiever,MS Special Needs Paraprofessional, P/T Temporary.
-- for specific student
d) Kacie Price, Asst. Coach, Jr. Hi & HS Girls Basketball and Jr.
Hi & HS Girls Track. -- Cogate HS / Northwestern,
5 time All-Stater/ not a teaching spot available yet
15) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on the following topics:
* Title II meetings ... professional development ...technology upgrades
... will have less money next year (after stimulus dollars stop)
* Filled in gaps (with concrete) near covered walkways at CHS ... for
less mud on carpets
* Six 55-gallon drum of glycol will be added to chilling tower at middle
school. A more environmentally friendly blend was purchased (at ~$5200)
to avoid potential spill issues later based on another local example.
* 2 new CNP refrigerators purchased ... without bids ... but best possible
* Student messenger & parent portal systems working well
* Workers comp meeting -- changes implemented over past year -- claims
down this year
16) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on the following topics:
* State unding ... another cut anticipated soon ... but 2011-2012 will
likely be worst ... would already be in layoff mode without stimulus
* SQ744 was "poorly written" but still disappointed in the
low (27%) yes vote level as an indicator for potential improvment for
the state budget situation
* Expect Collinsville Schools to be down about $70K per month this coming
* CHS football coaches did well in the tough step up to 5A this year
dispit disappointing 3-7 record ... and finishing with several freshman
on the field. Encouraged by excellent records of JrHi teams.
* Cross Country Girls team finished as 5A State runner-ups.
* Band got I's at OSSAA.
* Collinsville Education Foundation grants delivered Friday (Nov. 5th)
total over $16K.
17) Announcements. -- Jim Riley reported Randi
Gilmartin has been named to the All-State Softball Team.
-- Veterans Day Activities:
9am Wilson Assembly
10am ECC Assembly
11am Parade downtown
Lunch for Veterans provided by Middle School students at Veterans Building
1:30pm Herald Assembly
18) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not known
at the time the agenda was posted).
*-- approved, Rental of Grand Ballroom at Rogers
State Universty for CHS Jr-Sr Prom for April 15, 2011 (7:30-11:30) with
a catered sit down dinner.
* -- approved, Policy for Home/Virtual school for students withdrawing
from Collinsville schools
* -- approved, Home-Bound student policy
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 4th
day of November, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright's comments added in purple