persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
to wit: Date: Sep. 5, 2006 -- Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville OK
The following appeared on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
I was at the city meeting until the
vote approving item 8 below -- Ted
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. All Present
except vacant post 4
3) Presentation by the Constituency.
4) Reading of Minutes - Aug. 7, 2006 Regular Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY2007
General, Building Funds and Building Bond 2006 and FY06 General, Building
Fund Reserves and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports,
Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers.
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2007 Estimate of Needs and Financial
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Alternative Education Plan for FY2007.
9) Vote to accept CEA Approval of FY2007 Working Agreement. --
10) Vote to approve Extra Duty Coaching Assignments. --
11) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel, Pursuant to Section
307 (B)(1) of the Open Meeting Law.
12) Vote To Convene in Executive Session.
13) Vote To Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
15) Resignations: -- approved
--a) Rustin Draper, Wilson Elementary T.A.
--b) Debbie Morrison, Herald Elementary Custodian
--c) Perryetta Metzger, MS CNP FT Cook
--d) Tena Thompson, Bus Driver and High School T.A.
16) Hiring of Personnel: -- approved
--a) Vocal Music Teacher (Margretta Cooper)
--b) 2nd Grade Teacher (Sheila Riggs)
--c) Special Education Teacher, 1 Yr Temporary Contract
--d) Teacher's Assistant, Wilson Elem, 4 positions (Delores
Bell, Stacie Marsh, Teresa Pratt and Kendra Rinck)
--e) MS FT Cook - 2 positions (Carol Dickey and
--f) Wilson P/T Cook - 1 position (Laura Marotta)
--g) HS FT Custodian (Robert Koellner)
--h) FT Bus Driver - 2 positions (Diana Kreder
and Phil Davis)
--i) Special Needs T.A. / Bus Driver (Ramona Swaffar)
Vote to Appoint School Board Member for Post #4.
-- Steve Stout was nominated and approved by the board and will be sworn
in at the October board meet. The board had 4 "highly qualified"
applicants and stressed that they would have been pleased to work with
any of the 4. Steve will complete the remainder of Ted Clark's term.
18) Assistant Superintendent's Report.
Terry Due reported on:
* Replacing old fridge & fryer at HS snack bar
* New freezer at Wilson
* ECC construction ... fiber optics hit but were planned to be moved
* Track construction ... coming along OK ... about 2 weeks behind for
due to rock level
* adding another 1st grade teacher due to new students but no classroom
available until mobile classroom added next week at Wilson. Will move
reading lab to the mobile classroom.
21) Superintendent's Report.
Herald reported the tax base evaluations were up 11% due to community
growth for a total evaluation of $43.8 million (had been $15.6 in 1994)
23) New Business. -- a 1990 Volvo previously donated
to the school was delcared surplus and will be sent to auction.
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Pat Herald, Superintendent
Posted Aug. 31st
(on the door of the Education Service Center at 1119 W. Broadway)