This page sponsored
in part by:
(email questions/comments to email@example.com).
Ted Wright -- last update 11/7/2005 (SchoolBrdNov7.html)
Copyright 2005 --
Nov. 7, 2005
Honoring State Champs
The regularly Scheduled
School Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6 was held Monday Nov. 7, 2005.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent -- Ted Clark
3) Presentation by the Constituency. -- None
4) Reading of Minutes - Oct. 10, 2005 Regular Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY2006 General,
Building, Child Nutrition Funds and FY2005 General, Building Fund Reserves
and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers.--
7) How to best honor CHS State Champions in a lasting and appropriate manner
-- Ted Wright. -- No formal action taken. I made
a short presentation on existing signs and other ways our CHS state champs
are honored. I also asked the board to consider new sign(s) with my first
choice on Highways 169 and 75 and a secondary choice of Main/Hwy 20. A sign
on school property could be funded by the school. A sign off school property
would need other funding. I will work with Terry Due, Bill Rule and Cory Slagle
on potential signs. I also hope to get City and Chamber involvement. -- Ted
8) Board to consider and take action on a resolution authorizing the calling
and holding of a special election to be held in this school district to authorize
the issuance of general obligation bonds. -- Approved
-- A $5,510,000 bond issue will be put to the voters
next spring for expansion of elementary facilities and furnishings. A priority
list of the planned use of the funds is currently being refined by the administrative
staff and will be presented to the board next month.
9) Discussion and vote to approve architect for spring 2006 Bond Issue. --
The Stacy Group was approved. This group is a spin off of the Sparks firm
that did the initial designs for the middle school building.
10) Resignations: -- Approved
a) Debby Moore -- HS Custodian, Cafe Cashier 3 hours.
b) Tracy Leach, Cafe Cook.
c) Diana Kreder, Bus Driver
d) Joe Ogden, Classroom Teacher / Coach. (after December)
11) Hire Personnel to Fill Current Vacancies: -- Approved
a) April Pranger, HS Custodian.
(see additional hires under new business below)
12) Discussion and Vote
to Approve Election Call Resolution. -- Approved --
for an election (if required). Donna Sears has filed for another 5 year term
for Post 1 and is currently unopposed.
13) Public hearing for the purpose of hearing comment on financial matters
of the school district, including past and future expenditures of the district.
14) Discussion and vote to approve Collinsville Public Schools Independent
District I-6 Fiscal Year Budget for FY 2006. -- Approved
... $11,218,689 General Fund and $286,477 Building expenditueres anticipated
15) Assistant Superintendent's Report. -- Terry Due
reported on new light behind the football stadium for improved security; additional
fencing by softball field, vo-ag building and bus barn for insurance issues;
final payment on middle school / HS classroom addition is still pending a
few cleanup items; middle school needs a new copier system.
16) Superintendent's Report. --
Pat Herald reported that the National School Board Convention
has relocated to Chicago (instead of New Orleans) and Terry Due and Wendell
Johnson plan to attend.
17) Announcements. -- Several All-State selections will
be announced at the fall sports banquet tomorrow. The Cherokee Nation will
likely help with the purchase of some of the rings for the the state softball
champs. The rings have been ordered and expected in about 90 days.
18) New Business. Tina Kirkpatrick was hired for the
middle school position vacated by Jon Benham earlier this year. Missy Tillman
was hired for the HS cafe and Melvena Bratton for Herald Elementary. (I'm
guessing on spellings -- Ted)
|This web site is brought to you by
Museum In Collinsville and the other advertisers appearing on these
pages. If you would like to provide content or advertisements ...
call Ted Wright (918) 371-1901 or send email to
To Be Held For $5,510,000 Issue
hearing for the purpose of hearing comment on financial matters
of the school district, including past and future expenditures of the
Sears Unopposed So Far For Another 5 Year Stint In Post 1