in part by:
(email questions/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ted Wright -- last update 6/4/2004 & 6/7 & 6/11 (SchBrdJune7.html)
June 7, 2004
at Bank of The Lakes Community Room
This web site is brought to you by the Newspaper
Museum In Collinsville and the other advertisers appearing on these pages.
If you would like to provide content or advertisements ...
call Ted Wright (918) 371-1901 or send email to
The Regularly Scheduled
School Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, was held Monday June 7, 2004 with the following agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present(Johnson, Clark, Sears and
Hampton) and Absent(Jon Werthen).
Board President Wendell Johnson announced that board
member Jon Werthen had called him earlier in the day and announced his intention
to resign from the Collinsville School Board as he no longer resided in the
district ... having moved to Tulsa. Supt. Herald indicated that new school
laws (taking effect July 1) relating to replacement of members within a certain
time of an election might impact the choices the board has in naming a replacement.
(see June 24 Update)
3) Presentation by the Constituency. (None)
4) Reading of Minutes - May 6, 2004 Regular Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY 2004
General, Building and Child Nutrition Funds and All District Funds - Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. (Approved)
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers.
(Approved: PTO fund-raiser)
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve Vision 2025 Capital Assets Agreement.
(Approved) ... this was not the actual contract
but working with the school's attorney to get an agreement with county and
school laws matched to be able to receive the $212K intended for text books.
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve School District Deregulation Application
OAC 210:25-5-5 Auditing. (Approved)
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Supplemental Estimate of Needs Request for
Child Nutrition Fund for FY 2004. (Approved: $67,804)
10) Discussion of High School Stage Remodel by "Force Account".
(Approved) A technique
(seldom used in Collinsville) that allows the school system to use it's own
personnel (with Mr. Creech as the general contractor) to complete this project
ASAP (ahead of the other bond bids). This will free up two chorus classrooms
after the drop ceiling and heat/air are completed where the high school stage
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Certification of School District Treasurer.
12) Vote to Approve Certificate and Order of Board of Education to County
Clerks and Country Treasurers of Tulsa County, Rogers County and Washington
13) Discussion and Vote to Set a Date for Special Board Meeting in June 2004.
14) Discussion and Vote to Approve Terry Due as Chief Negotiator for the Board
15) Bids and Purchases:
a) Milk Bids for FY 2005.
a) Rusty Poindexter, High School Teacher.
b) Patty Rule, H. S. Counselor.
c) Stefanie Cottrell, Head Band Director.
17) Hiring of Personnel:
a) High School Teacher/Girls Basketball Coach. (Arlin
Stacy was approved. He had been the Chelsea coach)
b) 1 - Herald Elementary Classroom Teacher.
c) High School Principal. (Cory Slagle was approved.
He replaces Terry Due who was named administrative assistant at the last board
meet. Terry will take Mr. Creech's Assistant Superintendent position in Jan.
2005). (see photo at City meet)
d) Speech Pathologist. (Julie Fain)
e) Wilson Elementary Counselor.
f) Support Employees and Seasonal Summer Employees.
18) Discussion and Vote to Hire Spring Sports Head Coaches Extra Duty Contracts.
19) Assistant Superintendent's Report.
20) Superintendent's Report.
22) New Business. Heather Ellis resigned to take the
head track coach position at Skiatook. Rhonda Rogers was hired to assist her
former boss (Mr. Stacy at Chelsea) with the girls basketball team. She will
also teach science.
of new faces in new roles for next school year
posted at the high school for June & July are 8-3 Monday-Thursday. (Closed
add a followup later on personnel changes ...I was splitting time with the city
meet -- Ted