of Education April 09, 2018 6:00 PM Collinsville Public Schools 1902
West Maple Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Meeting School Board
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the above date.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
Call to Order and Roll Call of Members
2. Record of Members Present and Absent. -- All
Present: Stout, Reed, Bess, McElroy, Ostrander
3. Request to Address the Board. . -- none
4. Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-f of the Consent
-- a. Approval of the 3/12/2018 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
-- b. Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Order- FY
2018 General and Building Funds, All District Funds- Approval of Budgets
, Reports, Allocations and Investments
-- c. Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
-- d. Approval of Contract with Department of Rehabilitation Services
Transition School to Work : Work Study for 2018-2019 School Year
-- e. Approval of Contract with KKT Architects .
-- 6% fee
-- f. Approval of the Alternative Education School Calendar Changes
for the Current 2017-2018 School Year.
. -- Approved
Presentation by Chad Brewer of Brewer Construction .
6. Board to Consider and Take Possible Action, in the absence of the
President and/or Clerk, to Appoint an Acting President and/or acting
Clerk for the School District to Execute Any and All Documents Pertaining
to Setting the Maturities, Date, Time and Place of the Bond Sale. .
7. Board to consider and take action on a resolution determining the
maturities of, and setting a date, time and place for the sale of the
$1,780,000 Combined Purpose Building Bonds of this School District;
and designating bond counsel for this issuance of bonds.
. -- Approved - scheduled noon April 23 special
8. Discussion and Vote to Approve Collinsville Public Schools Telephone,
Internet and Wan Services for Fiscal Year 2018-2019. .
-- Approved, switched to BTC phones last year (pleased), last year for
telephone funds from ERATE, updated WiFi (in every classroom now),
all juniors took wireless test OK
9. Discussion and Vote to Approve Temporary Appropriations for the Fiscal
Year 2018-2019. . -- Approved (just an estimate)
Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Hiring of Career Certified Teachers
(as attached) for the 2018-2019 School Year. Pursuant to 25-OS ss 307(B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law.
11. Vote to
Convene in Executive Session
12. Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
13. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement
. -- 6:20-7:30pm
Discussion and Vote to Hire the Career Certified Teachers (as attached)
for the 2018-2019 school year. . -- Approved,
Resignations: . -- Accepted
-- a. Karen Tucker- Paraprofessional- CUE . --
-- b. Emily Knight- Bus Driver . -- was driving
one special ed student
Hirings: . -- Approved
-- a. Charles Bonebrake- Bus Driver . -- will
be driving one special ed student
* Hamlin -- State testing window extended one week due to teacher walkout
* Crutchfield -- Both revenue & expenses up over last year (as expected),
draft of new teacher salaries calculated after legislative changes ...
depends on each school's minimum salary scale
18. Superintendent's Report . -- Lance West discussed
the following topics:
* Amended calendar (see top of this page) - Friday is last "free"
day for walkout before end date move
* Legislative changes for improved education funding
-- some signed some not yet
* Less than 500 new teachers graduating in Oklahoma this year due to
education crisis ... used to be thousands
* About 75% of teachers voting to continue walkout (in last few days)
* Want to get back to school ... but need our teachers
* Working contingencies for seniors if lengthy walkout-- of 185 seniors
only 60 don't have enough cedits yet. We require 24, state requires
23 credits. Could bring them back to do online ... mostly English and
govt. May 21 graduation date is locked.
* State Farm (with office moving out-of-state) has donated hugh collection
of furniture and supplies ... administrators will go to Tulsa to load
up April 10th -- some will be stored for new buildings yet to be built.
* Security Summit here in June -- invite all agencies to review procedures
and drills -- maybe hire additional retired or off-duty officer.
20. New Business . -- Approved
* Kids ready for something different (after several
years at zoo) ... board approved moving the 2019 Promto Cain Ballroom
in Tulsa. Coweta gave positive review.
* Lauri rescinded her previous resignation
* March 30 attendance day swapped for April 2 walkout day -- retro approval
21. Adjournment . -- 8:05pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent
Posted this 6th day of April, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the
Education Service Center, 1902 W Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple