of Education September 11, 2017 6:00 PM Collinsville Public Schools
1902 West Maple Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Meeting School Board
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the above date.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1. Call to Order and Roll Call of Members
2. Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Reed Present & (Absent: Tim Bess)
3. Request to Address the Board. -- none
Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-k
of the Consent Agenda.
-- a. Approval of the 8/14/2017 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
-- b. Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Order- FY
2018 General and Building Funds, All District Funds- Approval of Budgets
, Reports, Allocations and Investments
-- c. Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
-- d. Approval of Booster Club/ PTO Sanctioning Applications for 2017-2018
-- e. Approval of Band Out of State Trip to St Louis Missouri 10/18/2017-10/21/2017.
-- f. Approval of Wrestling Out of State Trip to Kansas City , Missouri
December 15-16, 2017
-- g. Approval of Surplus No Longer Needed- 103 Science Books -Wilson
6th Grade Center
-- h. Approval of Resident Teacher Committee
-- i. Approval of the Alternative Ed Plan for 2017-2018
-- j. Approval of Adjunct Teacher- Justin Schubert
-- k. Approval of Contract with Oklahoma Department of Mental Health
and Substance Abuse Services FY18
Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2018 Estimate of Needs and Financial
Statements. -- Approved ($18.3 million)
Discussion and Vote to Approve the Employment of Stephen L. Smith
Corp. as Financial Consultants to the School District for the FY2018
Building Site Reports
-- HS (Kiker)
* Smooth start to year; have ACT results from last year ..
above state ave;
Sept. 26 ACT prep at Skiatook; Pre-ACT test Oct 17 ... can be used
for TTC admission for concurrent; Several at Tulsa Tech (2 full day
aerospace); pre-engineering Tulsa Tech on CHS campus; 2 new science
courses this year: astronomy & geology; FFA hurricane relief ...
trailers full ... Sonic reward.
-- MS (Harp)
* Also smooth start including new staff & counselor; fall sports
in full swing, conference tournaments soon; "Bird Gang"
started similar to HS's "The Trap" for 3 events; Spanish
class for 8th grade; 2 Chromebook classes; wrestling room upgrades
-- 6th (Keim)
* Lori Brown new social studies; 4 Google classrooms/Chromebook;STEM
classes going strong;
-- Alt Ed (Keim)
* Enrollment down (~27 now) after big graduating class last year (15);
new OSU Extension for nutrition life skills;
-- Virtual Academy (Keim)
* Online with some seat time also required ... sill working out details
for next year ... currently 3 students (getting suggestions from BA
who has 75 virtual students).
-- CUE (Stacy)
* Fully staffed; 12 new swings provided by PTO; $100 from one 5th
grader for hurricane relief; Flag raising
and WWTD activities; 2 teachers swapped jobs for unique situation
... "neat experience".
-- Herald (Hunt)
* Rocking & Rolling ... even in the car line ...dismissal is still
a huge task ... but less stressful this year; 3rd grade reading 84%
met minimum ... again less stress for students; 606 students enrolled
(today's count ... still varies); new hires fit like glove ... including
new male teacher doing great; grateful to generous community ... supply
donations for example; bus rider tags for first few weeks + take roll
-- ECC (Boomer)
* Great start ... including car lines (less stressful); down 17 students
making class sizes 21-22 (again less stress); full time counselor
great for several with special needs; finished Dibils testing ...
77% OK; no new hires ... everybody back; Oct. 6th Walk-a-thon .. part
of proceeds to Hurricane Harvey victims.
Proposed Executive Session to Discuss the Purchase of HS Frontage
Property Pursuant to 25-OS ss 307(B)(3) of the Open Meeting Law.
9. Vote to Convene in Executive Session
10. Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
11. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement
-- 6:50-7:30 pm
Discussion and Possible Action to Accept or Reject ODOT offer of District
Property. -- Approved not accepting ODOT offer.
Will have superintentdent counter offer & negotiate for better
13. Resignations: -- Accepted
-- a. Ella (Boot) Braden- CNP
-- b. Haylee Yates- CNP
-- c. Ruth Corn- CNP
Hiring: -- Approved
-- a. Dennis Nidey- Bus Driver
-- b. Misty Bailey- CNP
-- c. Dana Harris- CNP
-- d. Jamie Henry- CNP
-- e. Nancy Mitchell- Paraprofessional
* Kelly Hamlin has been attending "Impact
Tulsa" meeting and hints at big changes coming in assessment
approach for Oklahoma (actually 45 states) ... check back for formal
press release later.
Superintendent's Report -- Lance West reported
on these topics:
* Doing pretty well financially -- utilities have been low.
* Activity gate revenue ($11K for Oologah football game likely highest
ever) ... and other sports gates doing well also.
* Wrestling room improvements -- asphalt on east side of gym adds
14 new parking spots.
* Washington - may demolish temporary buildings.
* HS parking lot - 10 new bases for new lights ... County will asphalt
* Technology E-Rates approved $68K ... we match $30K ... more WiFi
* 2011 pickup for maintenence (Phil Davis) ... retire old gold pickup
* 2010 Gator for 1/2 activity and 1/2 building maintanence (at HS)
* Enrollment (as of 9/8) 2763 total kids (down 5 from last year) ...
Announcements -- CHS Cheer at 5A Regionals
Saturday (at Union)
New Business -- Approved Alt Ed & Health
Adjournment -- 7:56pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent
Posted this 8th date of September, 2017 at 12: 00 p.m. on the door
of the Education Service Center, 1902 W Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.