Bullet Proof Vest
Animal Shelter Donation
City Parking Lot Bids
3. Flag Salute.
4. Roll Call. -- (Present: Larry Shafer, Bud York & Brad Francis) + (Absent: Melodie Bateman & Jerry Garrett)
5. Consent: All matters under Consent are considered by the City Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from consent by request. A motion to approve the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
Approval of Minutes from January 3, 2017 Regular Meeting.
6. Discussion, consideration and possible action concerning items removed from the Consent Agenda. -- n/a
7. PUBLIC HEARING, to determine whether or not the structure on the property located at 823 S. 12th, Collinsville, Oklahoma, is in need of repairs, is dilapidated, is uninhabitable, is a hazard to the health, safety and welfare of the general public or otherwise constitutes a nuisance which should be abated. -- City Code Enforcement Officer Thomas Grimsley stated the current legal process was started Oct. 5th (but that the city has been trying to get this property cleaned up for years) and that it was a safety and health issue. One of the deed owners was present and stated that she would like to tear down the structure and requested 3 months to get it done on her own. The city had cleaned up external junk and mowed on a previous occasion (~2 years ago).
8. Discussion and possible action to declare the property located at 823 S. 12th Street, Collinsville, Oklahoma, a nuisance and for abatement of the nuisance by removal of the building and structures on the property and setting a time for the commencement and completion of the work. -- Commissioners Shafer & Frances approved allowing 61 days for the property owner to clear the offending structure on their own or the city would have it done and charge the owner after that time (by placing a lien on the property if necessary).
9. Discussion and possible action to award North Parking Lot Bid to LDKerns Contractors in the amount of $177,303.55. -- Approved, with a change order that should lower the total to $141K.
10. Discussion and possible action to award Ridgelawn Cemetery Improvements Project Bid to Stronghand, LLC. in the amount of $291,879.90. -- Approved, with improvements including opening up a new southern section after grading and paving, an asphalt perimeter road, closing the north-most entrance and adding electronic gates to the two remaining gates, a brick sign, 6 foot black metal fence with brick columns, replace collapsed 12 in pipes.
11. Discussion and possible action to approve 2016-2017 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Contract. -- Approved, a paper work (completion deadline date) update to two previous grants that had been "banked" for the Center Street repairs near the Post office ... per INCOG request.
Quarterly Reports from:
Discussion and possible action to enter into Executive Session for
discussing negotiations concerning employees and representative of
employee groups as allowed by O.S. 25, Section 307 (B) (2).
14. Discussion and possible action on matters discussed in Executive Session. -- Approved, the police contract without the need for executive session. Same as previous contract.
City Managers Report. -- Pam Polk reported
on these topics:
16. Adjournment. -- 6:16 pm
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call. -- same as above
3. Consent: All matters under Consent are considered by the Board of Trustees to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Trustee may, however, remove an item from consent by request. A motion to approve the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
--A. Approval of
Minutes from January 3, 2017 Regular Meeting.
4. Discussion, consideration and possible action concerning items removed from the Consent Agenda. -- n/a
5. Report from Public Works Director. -- Phil Stowell reported that the 12th Street bridge opened for traffic last Thursday. Final punchlist will be gone over next week. Both bridges were stripped today. Thanked community for their patience ... with minimal complaints.
6. Adjournment. -- 6:18pm
|Ted Wright comments in purple.|