Board Meeting Agenda released:
Board of Education
February 13, 2017 6:00 PM
Collinsville Public Schools
1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
persons interested in attending the Regular Meeting School Board for
Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans
to attend the meeting at the above date.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Call to Order
and Roll Call of Members
2. Record of Members Present and Absent. -- Present
(Stout, Ostrander, Morrison & Reed) + Absent (Johnson)
3. Request to Address the Board. -- None
4. Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-g of the Consent
--a. Approval of the 1/9/2017 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
--b. Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Order- FY 2017
General and Building Funds, All District Funds- Approval of Budgets
, Reports, Allocations and Investments
--c. Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--d. Approval of the MOU with Tulsa City-County Health Department and
Collinsville Alternative Education.
--e. Approval of the Surplus No Longer Needed
--f. Approval of the OKTLE Agreement with Collinsville Public Schools
--g. Approval of the Municipal Accounting Systems, Inc. Agreement with
Collinsville Schools for the 2017-2018 School Year.
5. Building Site Reports --
-- ECC (Boomer)
* New sinks installed in bathrooms with push buttons instead of the
faulty sensors which have been a problem for years
* Dibbals Testing showed ~%80 of (212 tested) students were reading
at grade level. About 45 kids will be getting extra help to make improvements.
* Thanked American Bank for outstanding support with regular deliveries
of requested teacher supplies
* Dana (Banning) Eakle talked about her special education students and
a "buddy" system with Mrs. McNutt's students ... working on
puzzles, motor skills and socialization skills.
Upper Elementary (Stacy)
* Connection with city and community
* 4th & 5th graders make valentines for hospitalized Veterans
* Also valentines for business windows downtown
* Have 3 student teachers currently
* New volunteer with special education experience
* 5th graders go to Herald to read with 1st graders
* 4th graders will be taking a national test for math and reading next
* CUE building hosts scouts and youth basketball
* Alt Ed will start a new block Tues with 1 new grad (also had several
grads from earlier blocks) - expect 4 new alt students from HS - life
skills + art history + social skills
* 6th Grade - working on Chromebook grant application
* Mrs. Plumlee helping with assessments testing and improvements
* 6th grade dance raised ~$500
* Ganzel's biology class made edible cells
* McNeil's STEM class studies viruses
* Winter sports done - wrestlers were conference champs and placed well
individually at state -7th basketball boys missed conference champs
by 1 point
* Mrs. Plumlee helping with assessments at MS also
* Spring pictures Thursday morning
* Pep Assembly Feb 28th
* 7th Grade had their required HIV/STD education
* A few 8th Grader (by drawing) will get to tour engineer school
* STEM students will tour Whirlpool facility soon (+ regional competition
* 8th graders pre-enrolled for high school today
* First track meet is March 9th & second dance is March 21st
* Olivia Duncan named a National Merit Scholar finalist
* Pre-enrollment in progress
* 10th graders had their required HIV/STD education
* FFA Week next week (also shell-less egg hatching experiment)
* All juniors will take ACT March 21 (after spring break) ... had choice
* Chromebook based classroom pilot program in progress
-- CHS English teacher Missy DeLozier showed video and discussed
-- She attended workshops before starting her class in January (30 Sophs)
-- "Paperless" classroom going well ... but has paper backup
if total outage
-- Classroom behavior has been great -- on task -- table setting also
of the College Remediation Rates of Collinsville High School Students.
Scott Kiker -- I didn't hear actual rates (which
the schoool board had a chart for) ... but the only numbers available
(from the State Department ... from state colleges) are for the 2014-15
school year. Mr. Kiker mentioned a "Math Ready" course available
during the senior year for those that have already taken their 3 required
math courses ... which would lessen the need for non-credit college
couses to help get college ready.
7. Discussion and Vote to Approve the Guidelines for Valedictorian and
Salutatorian for 2019. -- Approved, a change to
give addition weight for Ap courses and concurrent enrollment college
courses to differentiate from potential valedictorians with identical
GPAs. There are currently 12 seniors with 4.0s but these changes won't
take effect until the 2019 senior class. Also hope to provide more AP
courses by then.
8. Discussion and Vote to Approve the 2017-2018 School Calendar. --
Approved (pdf or
jpeg) ... classes start August 17, 2017 ... adjusted final parent-student
conferences back to February (2018) instead of after classes done in
9. Proposed Executive Session to Discuss the Renew or Not Renew the
Contract of the Superintendent of Schools, Pursuant to 25-OS SS 307(B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, so the Board May Return to Open Session and
vote to Renew or Not Renew the Superintendent of Schools Contract through
June 30, 2020. -- 7:02-8:12
10. Vote to Convene in Executive Session
11. Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
12. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement
13. Discussion and Vote to Renew of Not Renew Superintendent of Schools
Contract until June 30, 2020. -- Approved, renewal
contract for Lance West.
14. Hiring: -- Approved
--a. Glen Walter Rush III- Custodial/ Maintenance -HS
--b. Shannon Beck- Custodial- Herald (Part-time)
15. Discussion and Possible Action to Either Approve the Lawn Maintenance
Bid for 2017-2018 or Hire Lawn/Maintenance Personnel. --
Approved, the choice to hire instead of contract out ... see new business
for the hire ... already have equipment.
16. The Board of Education to consider adoption of a resolution approving
and affirming an Lease/Purchase Agreement and authorizing the execution
of same; Acknowledging assignment of Lessors interest in Lease/Purchase
Agreement; Designating lease transaction as a qualified tax-exempt obligation;
and authorizing School District officials to execute any and all necessary
documents in connection with the aforementioned transactions. --
Approved, will be replacing the 4-times failed chilling tower at the
middle school with conventional HVAC equipment. With a lease-purchase
via American Bank.
17. Directors Report -- none
18. Superintendent's Report -- Lance West reported
on these topics:
* Finances -- doing OK -- lots of hard work to keep us in the black
(under $13 million in payroll)
* Still working on CNP contractor ... likely decide in next 2 months
* Roof on baseball building expansion ... wind has delayed wall installation.
* E-Rate season - Kim Myers has the duty
* Election tomorrow
* No school Feb. 17 (Fri) and Feb. 20 (Mon)
* Next board meet is March 6th (due to spring break Mar 13-17)
* Planning black gowns for administrators & board on stage at graduation
* ODOT aquisition of additional right-of-way for Highway 20 4-lane (~45
feet of HS property) will begin soon. School may hire an appriasal.
* First meeting of student advisory group (with the Superintendent)
was very productive. Will meet again with the ~32 students in about
19. Announcements -- Jim Riley reported on these
* last two regular home basketball games this week (SR nite Friday)
* Basketball girls will host regional. Boys go to East Central regional.
9th Boys conference champs.
* Wrestlers were Dual State Runner-Ups. To Regionals at Claremore then
OKC for State ... working on championship #7.
* Soccer teams ready to show off the new field turf
* Baseball has a new backstop
20. New Business -- Approved, Chad Daugherty for
the lawn maintenance / building maintenance position (40 hrs/week -
250 day contract).
21. Adjournment -- 8:44pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent
Posted this 10th
day of February at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service Center,
1902 W Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple