1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
Date: May 11, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1- #3 of
the Consent Agenda:
--1) Approval of the April 13, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
--2) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
5) Presentation by Johnson OMalley Program- Janice Fields --
JOM Board members discussed thier recent National Award.
6) Presentation by Brewer Construction on Building Projects --
* Upper Elementary -- kitchen equip soon, gym floor installed, stands
arrive soon,waiting for dry days for asphalt install.
* High School -- concrete blocks up, brick soon, roof work continues
(tar), slab soon for locker rooms under old gym bleachers, tank/sump
pump water seepage solution, 3 phase completions with locker rooms
and chorus/media room in converted old commons by October.
* options discussed for additional asphalt paving
at HS ... not yet funded
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Updated 2015-2016 School Calendar
-- Approved, minor changes to teacher professional
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve to Approve the Contract with the
Tulsa Zoo for Prom April 2016. -- Approved
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Memorandum of Understanding
from The Bridges Foundation for the 2015-2016 School Year. --
Approved, off campus job training for severely disabled students ...
1/2 day program with lifw skills. No cost to our district.
10) Discussion and Vote to Declare Surplus and No Longer Needed by
--a) Soccer Uniforms -- will be used for practice
--b) CNP Trays -- old, use disposable now
11) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Resignations, Hiring of
Personnel, and Reassignment of Personnel Pursuant to Section 307 (B)
(1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session And Vote to Accept or Not Accept Resignations and
Hiring of Personnel. -- 6:53 - 8:09pm
12)Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
13) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
15) The Board of Education to consider adoption of a resolution approving
and affirming a Lease/Purchase Agreement and authorizing the execution
of same; Acknowledging assignment of Lessors interest in Lease/Purchase
Agreement; Designating lease transaction as a qualified tax-exempt
obligation; and authorizing School District officials to execute any
and all necessary documents in connection with the aforementioned
16) Reassignment of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Kelly Hamlin- MS Principal reassigned to Director of Student/Teacher
--b) Dale Harp- Asst. MS Principal to MS Principal
17) Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Kathy Prickett MS ELA Teacher
--b) Roger Prickett- MS Social Studies Teacher
--c) Denise Gates- Kindergarten Teacher
--d) Bruce Roberts- Asst. Band Director
--e) Diertra Harris- ECC Counselor
--f) Mary Burr- ECC Indian Education Tutor
--g) Emily Weir- ECC Speech Pathologists
18) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
a) Melissa Gillman -2nd Grade Teacher -- back,
replacing Dabbs who is moving
b) Ashley Maritz - HS and MS Head Volleyball Coach
new head volleyball coach replacing Art Smalyago (who has stepped
down from the position again) is Ashley (Frogee) Maritz. The All-State
volleyball player was a 1997 Collinsville grad. She played at
Texas Tech and Tulsa. She will be a lay coach initially but her
duties will expand later. She was working with young Collinsville
students Monday at the Middle School.
Director Reports --
Crutchfield -- Working on contracts for next year; Special Olympics
W-Th-Fri at Stillwater
20) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* Tuesday Senior Awards
* 2pm Sunday Bacc
* 7pm Graduation At TU Monday
* OSSBA Fall Conference
* Board will meet noon May 29th for bond sale
* Good year - proud of our people
* State baseball stars Thursday at Yukon
* State Track Fri/Sat at Yukon
* State Tennis
22) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted).
-- Accepted. resignation received May 11th for
Alissa Keith -- Wilson Aide
23) Adjournment. -- 8:26pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 8th
day of May 2015 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple