1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
Date: July 13, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Morrison, Reed
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1-
#7 of the Consent Agenda:
--1) Approval of the June 29, 2015 Special Board Meeting Minutes
--2) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 and FY 2016
General and Building Funds, All District Funds and Sinking Fund Approval
Reports, Allocations and Investments.
--4) Approval of Activity Fund Transfer from Account # 927 to Account
--5) Approval of the 2015-2016 Extra Duty Salary Schedule.
--6) Approval of the 2015-2016 Certified Staff Salary Schedule.
--7) Approval of the 2015-2016 Support Personnel Salary Schedule.
5) Presentation by Brewer Construction on Building Projects. --
Chad Brewer reported the Upper elementary was on track with
punchlist in progress on the classroom side and punchlist to start
soon for the rest of the building. Sod and trees soon and will need
lots of watering in this heat. Just a bit more asphalt to complete.
July 9th kitchen equipment training set with manufacturers. July 17-18-19
final cleanup and floor waxing, etc ... before teachers move in July
20th. Will have followup training with
teachers later for the tech equipment (smartboards, intercoms, etc).
High School --
provided color map to board members for phases to be completed and
relative priorities. The new commons area is the top priority to be
completed before students arrive. That include paving for deliveries
to the kitchen (from the north). Neither gym will be complete when
students return August 13th. The main gym target comletion date is
Sept. 30 (with air conditioning duct work and sprinklers still to
de done). The practice gym wood flooring won't go in until after the
climate is controlled (Oct?). Volleyball
season will likely start using the new Upper Elementary gym (completed
and air conditioned!) until the CHS gym is ready. The new commons
area will become the fans new "front entry" for both CHS
gyms. Construction fences should be down before students arrive. Oct.
30th is target date to be totally done at CHS. In addition to the
late start and then rain delays,it has been hard getting materials
delivered on time this summer and several painters were lost to many
projects ongoing in Tulsa.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the Board of Education
-- Approved .. updated
policies ... New 4.39 Wellness Policy,
5.20 CNP Procurement Plan, 7.2 Discrimination policy revisions, and
grievance and form.
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Fall Sports Head Coaches.
-- Approved (Ashley [Frogee] Maritz -Volleyball,
Kevin Jones-Football, Mike Henry-Softball, Arlin Stacy-Girls XC, Eric
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Elementary, 6th Grade Center,
Middle School and High School Handbooks. --
Approved .. the handbooks have been added to the web site page for
each campus. The changes from last year are highlighted in yellow.
A sample of the changes include no house shoes, tougher exemption
rules for HS (B instead of C and fewer tardies), absent after 15 minutes
late (had been 20), 9 weeks tests for all (even exempt), campus moves
and new names, some of the recently board policy changes also appear
in handbooks, ... etc.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve the FFA
Handbook for 2015-2016. -- Approved
10) Discussion and Possible Action on Bids and Purchases --
--a) Janitorial Services for FY2016 -- 3 bids,
switching back to low bid Multi Clean ($38K difference) over current
--b) Maintenance Supplies for FY2016 -- Supply
Works (formerly AmSam?) had best bid
--c) Paper Bids for FY2016 -- Admiral Express
was just slightly over the low bid but is local and has best delivery
service (over an Ohio firm)
11) Discussion and Vote to Declare Surplus and No Longer Needed by
--a) CNP Surplus -- Approved: slicer at Herald
broke last year ... have been unable to repair
12) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Resignations, Hiring of
Personnel, and Reassignment of Personnel Pursuant to Section 307 (B)
(1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session And Vote to Accept or Not Accept Resignations and
Hiring of Personnel. -- tabled
13) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
14) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
15) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
16) Presentation and Discussion of Tentative 2015-2016 District Budget
-- Julie Crutchfield reported that Collinsville
schools spent less than they brought in for the first time in several
years during the 2014-15 school year.
That will help rebuild the dwindling "carryover"
that helps the school make to Nov./Dec. of the next school when state
and federal revenues are least assured. Payroll takes about 84% of
the school budget (had been as high as 90% recently). With all of
the cutbacks to stay within budget, the district is "not able
to do everything we would like to do" but believes they are still
providing high quality educational opportunities for students.
17) Resignations: -- Accepted ... moving to
San Francisco/ family
--a) Ronnie Tow- MS Social Studies
18) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Hannah Whittenburg- 3rd Grade Teacher --
from Tulsa public schools (lives in cville)
--b) Chad Goodwin- HS Geometry, Biology Teacher- Long Term Sub Awaiting
Certification -- Taking Mark Hamilton's classes
-- (had been at TCC)
--c) Tracy Pabitzky- HS Science -- from Oologah/Owasso/Holland
Hall -- (AP Biology / Ph Sci)
--d) Heidi Harlan- Special Ed Para
--e) Jamie Enyart- Kindergarten Aide
--f) Crystal Glen- Special Ed Para -- LPN --
severe / profound at MS
--g) April Ashlock- HS CNP -- cashier
--h) Tyler Simmons- Asst Band- Long Term Sub Awaiting Certification
-- Univ of Arkansas
19) Director Reports
-- Kelly Hamlin: State A-F Report Card process
not complee due to errors ... expect by end of month
-- Julie Crutchfield: State changing software used to write IEPs for
special education students. Will required getting used to, but expect
long term benefits
-- Jim Riley: new transportation routing software recommendation likely
soon. Also looking at potential student sports pass (HS only initially
... maybe lower grades later). Reduced set fee up front for photo
ID pass to non-playoff sporting events. Ticket
sale still important and will evaluate impact on that, but hope to
increase student attendance.
20) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* Budget looks promising
* Wilson transition going well. -- carpet removal / painting / new
lockers / bathrooms
* 6th grade boxes moved to Wilson
* Herald transition -- moving two "big" playground toys
($19K to be compliant) -- most rooms set up with teacher's boxes from
* Watching for impacts of PTA call for boycott of "extra"
tests not required for graduation
* OSBA conference Aug. 28-30 for board members (OKC)
* Technology -- "ghosting" sotware for to monitor multiple
student screens at HS
* Professional development -- more training on bullying issues
* Furniture at upper elementary (CUE)
* Painted graphics at high school ... decide
on the following names: "Cardinal Food Court" for the new
commons, "Cardinal Event Center" for the existing gym, "Cardinal
Gym" for the new gym.
21) Announcements. -- none
22) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted).
-- Approved -- Hiring of:
* Micka Davis -- ECC Rec. Therapy Aide ... Kindergarten Teacher long
term sub (wife of Ben Davis)
* Lisa Patino -- Certified in art ... start as support person at 4th
& 5th grade level
* Jarred Shearer -- Replace Ronnie Tow at middle school (social studies)
-- CHS 2008 grad ... from Nowata teaching/coaching -- had student
taught here -- can help with soccer
23) Adjournment. -- 7:49pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent of Schools
Posted this 10th
day of July 2015 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.