1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present (Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Reed,& Oder)
3) Requests to Address the Board.
4) Reading of Minutes January 6, 2014 Regular Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2014 General and Building Funds All District Funds - Approval of
Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers.
7) Discussion and Vote to Accept Audit for FY2013 from Kerry J. Patten,
CPA, School District Auditor.
Note: I missed the first 7 items above while giving a Newspaper Museum
tour to scouts. -- Ted
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the Collinsville Board
of Education Policy Book. -- none
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Oklahoma
Education Coalition Funding Rally Resolution. --
Approved a motion to support the resolution. School here will be in
session that day (March 31st) but will work with teachers to allow
at least some representatives to attend the rally in OKC. One of the
drivers in the discussion of keeping/adding school days soon (for
both item 9 and 10 below) is that teacher are now 7 (snow) days behind
getting the kids ready for the spring tests (which are mostly taken
10) Discussion and Vote to Amend the 2013-2014 & 2014-2015 School
Calendar. -- Approved changes to this year's
calendar to change Feb. 17, March 14, and May 23 to students attendance
days. Next years calendar was also modified to move the "bad
weather" days forward from the end of May up ahead of the testing
period (if needed).
This Friday Feb. 14, 2014 remains a non-attendance
day but the long weekend is now shortened with students returning
to class Monday Feb. 17th (President's Day). The previous professional
day on Friday March 14th is now an attendance day for students. The
teacher's professional day will have to be moved after Memorial day.
Another 1/2 professional day (May 23rd) also converts to an attendance
day for students and makes ther last day of classes 1 day later than
the previous May 22nd.
[I won't even attempt to summarize all the requirements and options
for meeting state attendance (days or minutes, etc...) but rather
than take shortcuts or barely slide by some requirements the school
administration recommended these days to provide the best chance for
preparing for spring testing as well as the potential for even more
snow days later. -- Ted Wright]
11) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B) (1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013. (7:58-9:26pm)
12) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
13) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
15) Discussion to Renew or Not Renew Superintendent of Schools Contract
until June 30, 2017. -- Approved
16) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* Feb. 6th bid openings for the new upper elementary building was
held Feb. 6th (134 bids for 28 subcontract categories were opened
by Brewer Construction Management for the school). The school board
will hold a special session (noon Feb. 19th) to act on the recommended
* Jordan Smith will report to the school board on bond status
* A ceiling sprinkler head froze and eventually broke at the high
school 9th grade annex last week (Friday?) just after school had been
dismissed. The water release set off the fire alarm and school staff
were able to quickly limit the scope of the water damage to one room
and the halway.
* The outdoor buildings at the high school that are to be relocated
for the new gym have begun to come down. It is hoped they will be
back up and operational in their new location in April.
17) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* appreciates the board understanding for approving the calander changes
and the teacher/principals/parents for adapting to meet the needs
of the students.
* Region 7 Coaching group covers all of Tulsa
County (including the 6A schools). Kevin Jones was unamiously named
the Region 7 Football Coach of the Year. Weston Harding was named
to coach the all-state wrestling team.
* Two JrHi Wrestlers won state championships this past weekend (Connor
and Jack Hammond 84lbs at the 6th-7th grade level)
19) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted). --
Approved declaring surplus old athletic clothing items as recommended
by athletic director Jim Riley as space is being cleared in preparation
for upcoming construction at the high school.
20) Adjournment. -- 9:40pm
notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School Board
of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
this 7th day of February 2014 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple