1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
Date: March 4,
2013 -- Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members. (Absent:
Donna Sears) & (Present: Ostrander, Stout, Johnson & Oder)
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Reading of Minutes February 4, 2013 Regular Board Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2013 General and Building Funds All District Funds - Approval of
Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. --
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
7) Discussion and Vote to Accept Audit for FY2012 from Kerry J. Patten,
CPA, School District Auditor. -- Approved (No
8) Presentation of Collinsville Schools Participation in Rachels
Challenge- Julie Crutchfield. -- A presentation/video
will be presented at Herald Monday March 11, then at the Middle School
and High Schools Tuesday March 12th. A community
assembly will also be held 7pm March 11th at the High School for
the parents. The presentation is based on the story of Rachel Scott
(the first Columbine victim) and is aimed at creating a more positive
school climate at every school. Local merchants and the Collinsvile
Education foundation have assisted with the cost of this $4300 event.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes and Review the District
Board of Education Policy Book. -- Approved
policy files on school web site -- 3/11). Sample changes are the
address of ESC, ordering a non-student off school property, use of
school facilities, visitor policy, etc
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Surplus and No Longer Needed by
the School District
--a) District Technology
11) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Re-employment of the Assistant
Superintendent of Schools, Principals, Athletic Director, Curriculum
Director and Special Services Director, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)
(1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session And Vote to Rehire or Not Rehire the Assistant Superintendent
of Schools, Principals, Athletic Director, Curriculum Director and
Special Services Director for the 2013-2014 School Year
12) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
13) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session. (8:16-10:05)
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
15) Vote to Re-hire or Not Re-hire the Assistant Superintendent of
Schools, Principals, Athletic Director, Curriculum Director and Special
Services Director for the 2013-2014 School Year. --
All Re-Hires Approved
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve School Auditor Engagement Letter
for FY2012-2013. -- Approved (same
as previous years: Kerry J. Patten, CPA)
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve School Calendar for School Year
-- Approved (displayed
at right -->) based on 1080 hours & bad weather days at the
end in May again (the previous Fridays off in April conflicted with
18) Discussion and Vote to Approve Expenditure from Activity Funds
General Account for Baptists Athletic Supply. --
19) Discussion and Vote to Reorganize District I-6 Board of Education.
-- Approved: President-Steve Stout, VP-Memory
Ostrander, Clerk-Jana Oder.
20) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* expect loss of federal funds (~5% due to sequesteration)
* 60 new laptop computers for Herald Elementary
* Outstanding "woodwork" at
ESC by Travis Darland
21) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* Academic All-State achievement by Merrisa Jennings
* Outstanding year for CHS sports .. including 3rd state titles for
wrestlers and first state trip for CHS Basketball Girls in a generation.
* GPA for CHS basketball ladies is 3.67
* CHS grad Logan Shaw competing for National Championship this weekend
(UTA Wheel Chair Basketball)
* CHS grad Kelci Lewis earned SEC confernce recognition for her University
of Arkansas gymnastics excellent week
23) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted). --
Approved, Jana Order ability to sign documents as clerk.
notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School Board
of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
this 28th day of February 2013 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple.