1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: May 9, 2011
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board
of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote
to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- All
present: Steve Stout, Memory Ostrander, Wendell Johnson, Donna Sears,
and Joe Hampton
3) Presentation By The Constituency. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes April 4, 2011 Regular Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2011 General, Building and Casualty Insurance Recovery Funds and All
District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
approved (including track advertising sign,
Wilson track field-day shirts, school newspaper at Herald, 9th Grade
center new ADA doors for wheelchaor students, ...)
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve Parental Involvement Policy for Title
1. -- approved (was already part of approved plan
... just adding to school policy book)
8) Vote to Approve School Calendar for School Year 2012. -- --
approved (see calendar)
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Transportation Request for Out of
State Travel by Middle School Academic Bowl to National Contest in Chicago.
IL. -- approved (see previous
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Updated Professional Development
Plan for FY2011-2012. -- approved (following Michelle
11) Resignations: -- accepted (& more discussion
under item 22 below)
a) Holly Stacy Special Needs TA ECC.
b) Karen Freeman Snack Bar HS P/T.
c) Edward Coats Bus Driver F/T.
d) April Pranger Custodian Herald Elem F/T.
e) Christina Funkhouser Bus Driver F/T.
f) Louis Keith District Transportation Director. --
will return with new status
g) Jamie Crow Special Needs Teacher -Wilson Elem.
h) Judy Powell Reading Lab - Herald Elem.
i) Lela Scheckel District Psychologist.
j) Mike McClure Classroom Teacher/Coach HS.
-- might return
k) Charles Hewlett Counselor MS. -- might
l) Susan Fain 4th Grade Classroom Teacher Herald Elem.
-- 30+ years
m) Ron Lewis Band Director MS. --
headed to Van Burean, Arkansas HS, Terry Due recommended the
3rd band director position be filled rather than go back to only two
directors. The band participation nearly doubled in Ron's 6 years here.
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Extra Duty Salary Schedule for FY2011.
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to Current Open and Emergency
Transfers for 2011-2012 School Year. -- approved
14) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of Certified
and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of the Open
Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session And
Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified Personnel for FY2012.
15) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
16) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
17) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
18) Discussion and Vote Approve Superintendents and Assistant
Superintendents Recommendation to Hire or Not Hire Certified or
Classified Personnel for FY2012.
19) Discussion and Vote to Approve Using Activity Fund General Account
(909) Funds for Purchase of Catch Net for Soccer and Football Computer
Equipment and Software.
20) Discussion and Vote to Approve Financial Software Contract for FY2012.
21) Discussion and Vote to Approve Contract for Audit Services for FY2011.
I missed a few items above following the uncertain time of the return
to open session so have no results and only heard the very end of item
22 discussion below ... -- Ted
22) Discussion and Vote to Approve Voluntary Separation Program. --
I missed most ofthis discussion but herad that some of those resigning
to take advantage of the severance package may return at reduced salary
with an estimated savings to the school of $200K. Some positions will
be left unfilled.
23) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* bids soonfor custodial supplies and lawn maintenance
* workers comp -- hope to reduce with reduced staff
* Feb. 5th snow (water pipe froze/burst) restoration claims ($9K) gutters,
floor,sheetrock, book shelfs
* Feb. 28th lightning strike at CHS (7:15am) knocked out survalince
cameras and intercoms ($11K)
* summer projects: painting and floors
* Added 8 foot fence at Herald around freezer due to valdalism
* Will install improved lighting in HS gym
* Treating termites at Washington (slight issue at MS also)
* Federal Programs (planning for 20% reduction and hope for less reduction)
* 6 applicants for nurse
* Common Core Standards by 2014 in most states
24) Superintendents Report. -- Tery Due
reported on these topics:
* Exploring long term district objectives (bond issue wise) ... will
likely required slight tax increase ...mostly to avoid overcrowding.
Some shifts of different classes to different campuses. Might move admin
offices to Wilson campus. Fine Arts gymnasium at highschool is also
a goal. Stroud's gym is most likely model of those checked locally.
Dressing rooms at Sallee Field still on wish list. $18-$19 million bond
issue likely in next few years to raise $13.5 million.
* 12 CHS track kids qualified for state (6'6 record
high jump by Kendall Curtis and school record half mile).
* Special Olympics this week.
* Graduation May 17th.
26) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not known
at the time the agenda was posted). ---- none
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 6th day of May, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright's comments added in purple