1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: July 12, 2010
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items
will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to
vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- Johnson,
Stout, Ostrander & Hampton Present. -- Donna Sears Absent.
3) Presentation By The Constituency. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes June 7, 2010 Regular Meeting and June 28,
2010 Special Meeting. -- approved
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2010 General and Building Funds and FY2011 General, Building and Bond
Funds and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations
and Investments. -- approved
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers.
7) Discussion and Vote to Join or Not Join OSSBA for FY2011.----
approved joining ($3K)
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Lance West as Authorized Official
and Certified Authority for All Local, State and Federal Funds for FY2011.
9) Discussion and Vote to Destroy All Financial Records Older Than Five
(5) Years. -- approved
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Vo-Ag Transportation Compensation
for FY2011. -- approved, plan
to purchase a newer vo-ag vehicle (likely 3/4 to 1 ton pickup) with
specific vehicle recommendations to be reviewed at future board meet.
11) Resignations: -- approved
a) Linda Peters Wilson Elem. Secretary.
12) Hiring of Personnel: -- approved
a) High School Math (didn't get her name but highly
qualified teacher from Arkansas)
b) T.A. ECC. (Lisa Moore)
c) Enrollment Center Clerk 10 ½ Months, District Wide.
13) Discussion and Vote on Cost Saving Measures for FY2010-2011 (School
Year Field Trips and Transportation. --
approved (same policy as last year with additional fees for non-required
trips beyond 80 miles for activities and per student/mile fees for field
14) Discussion and Vote to Approve 3 Year Technology Plan. --
15) Discussion and Vote to Approve 457(b) Deferred Compensation Program
for Collinsville Public Schools. -- approved
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve O§ 24-155, Title 70, SB1700
Effective July 1, 2010, Concussion and Head Injury Awareness and Management
Policy Jim Riley, Athletic Director. --
approved, a more formalized policy to meet the requirement of the new
state law now in effect ... but not significantly different than steps
already being followed here in past sports season. The new policy will
require more education & information (& parent/student signatures)
and more formal medical review / releases.
17) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* Custodial supplies (21 bids received) and janitorial services (bids
go out soon)
* Signs soon for 9th Grade Center & Vocational Agriculture buildings
* Externinators working on a few bug problems after all the wet weather
* Floor repair at Alt Ed center (termites)
* School messageing system (2 bids) expect setup soon (for up to 20
users authorized to send mesages)
* Edit proposal (Principals & Counselors) -- Title II federal $'s
* July 15th administrators to Shawnee for training
* Federal plans approved for all campuses (except HS which was not eligible)
* July 9th park shuttle service went OK (small fee paid by city)
18) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* Significant cutback on book orders this year (~40K) ... with past
years in $100K range
* Leadership Conference in Tulsa for administrators
* Vandalism on middle school gym roof with hole cut and attempt to ignite
insulation (discovered this morning July 12th)
* Additional sod/seeding for expanded Herald Elementary playground
* Financial carryover might be in range of $1.6 million but cost cutting
will continue as that could easily be lost with additional cuts.
19) Announcements. -- Paige DeLozier named to
Girls Golf All-State Team ... to compete at Tulsa Mohawk 26th-30th.
Josh Loftin and Morgan Roberts (already State
Champs) competing at Nationals this week.
20) New Business: (if any, of mergency nature or that was not known
at the time the agenda was posted).-- none
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 8th
day of July, 2010 at 3:30 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright's comments added in purple