All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit: Date: April
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
I was also covering the concurrent city commission meeting and have
only partial coverage of the topics below. -- Ted
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.
3) Presentation by the Constituency.
4) Reading of Minutes - March 6, 2006 Regular Meeting and March 10,
2006 Special Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY2006
General, Building Child Nutrition Funds and All District Funds - Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers.
7) Discussion and Vote to Transfer Activity Fund Monies to General Fund,
Independent I-6 Treasurer.
8) Discussion and Vote to Accept Bids for 3 Buses and the Financing
9) Discussion and Vote to Amend 2005-2006 School Calendar.
Existing school year calendar updated for the
Dec. 8th -9th snow days taken. School will be held April 14th &
21st the previously designated days off if the snow days had not been
10) Vote to Accept
Tulsa County Certification of Bond Issue Votes of February 14, 2006
Election. -- Approved with the final vote count
at 880 yes & 123 no (88% approval).
Janice Pollard showed the board color samples for the new ECC building.
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Revised Reading Sufficiency District
12) Resignations: -- Approved
a) Kelly Branham, Herald Elementary Classroom Teacher.
b) Carolyn Winton, MS Cafeteria Head Cook.
13) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Employment or Non Re-employment
of Certified Personnel for the 2006-2007 School Year, Pursuant to Section
307 (B)(1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session and Vote to Re-employ or Not Re-employ Certified Personnel
for the 2006-2007 School Year.
14) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
15) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
16) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement. --
discussion but no actions
17) Vote to Approve Superintendent's Recommendation to Employ or Not
Re-employ Certified Personnel for the 2006-2007 School Year. --
18) Certified Personnel Not Meeting Professional Development Standards.
19) Discussion on Band Uniform Design - Ron Lewis.
Collinsville's band director Ron Lewis was congratulated
for an outstanding effort and results with the band this year. Ron presented
a proposed design for the new band uniforms. There was no official vote
but direction was given to pursue further planning with board member
Ted Clark being most vocal on wanting the "official" school
colors of red, white & Columbia blue worn by the band at Friday
night football games and other city events while conceeding the non-blue
design recommended by Ron for judged marching competitions where school
colors have no relevance. The initial cost estimate per uniform with
the colors shown above was $286.50. The board directed adding blue features
for local activities.
[I'll add a small editorial here that in
my opinion most folks would be most pleased with the red/black/white
design shown even at a home football game ... and that there are some
in town that feel the columbia blue is the non-traditional school
color. I don't care myself, but was amused to see the board go to such
lengths to force the blue into the design. -- Ted Wright 4/4 ... A
4/5 cvilleok.com viewer email is added at the bottom of this page also.]
20) Board to Consider and Take Action on a Resolution Determining the
Maturities Of, and Setting a Date, Time and Place for the Sale of the
Next Series in the Amount of $1,740,000 Combined Purpose Building Bonds
of this School District Voted and Approved by the Collinsville School
21) Assistant Superintendent's Report: -- Pat
Herald reported the school had received a $212,887 check for the schools
portion of Vision 2025 funding.
22) Superintendent's Report.
23) Announcements. -- Friday night Jazz Contest
at Middle School.
24) New Business. -- 4 items were declared surplus
and will be sold by closed buds: 78 Chevy (old blue); A-frame for engine
removal; 2 stage air compressor; and a golf cart ... needs a battery
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Pat Herald, Superintendent
cvilleok.com viewer email comment on band uniform colors ====
I don't understand the school board's concern about blue in the design.
I for one feel that the Columbia blue is alright for athletic uniforms,
but looks tacky on a band uniform. The current set of uniforms were quite
nice with the red, white, and black. The board needs to consider that
a competitive band needs to have a uniform with a distinctive look even
at football games, the blue will be an eyesore. I say this as someone
who has been around the competitive marching scene for almost a decade,
the blue will interrupt the design. I like the design Mr. Lewis presented,
let's leave it alone. -- (no name given) -- 4/5/2006