This page sponsored
in part by:
(email questions/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ted Wright -- last update 10/11/2005 (SchBrdOct10.html)
Copyright 2005 --
At New Middle School
Oct. 10, 2005
Softball Team Honored
The regularly Scheduled
School Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6 was held October 10, 2005 Monday
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Middle School Commons,
1415 West Center
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- All Present
3) Presentation by the Constituency. -- The State Champion
softball team was introduced and presented the state trophy to the school
4) Reading of Minutes - September 6, 2005 Regular Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY2006 General,
Building, Child Nutrition Funds and FY2005 General, Building Fund Reserves
and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers. --
7 were approved
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve 2006 Contract for Vocational Programs. --
8) Vote to Approve Tulsa Technology Student Course Credit. --
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Gifted/Talented Education Plan. --
10) Board to Take Action on the Employment of Stephen L. Smith, Corporation,
as Financial Consultants to the School District. --
11) Board to Consider and Take Action on a Resolution Authorizing the Calling
and Holding of a Special Election to be Held in this School District to Authorize
the Issuance of General Obligation Bonds. -- tabled
until Nov. or Dec. meeting following a discussion of a bond election next
year in the range of $5 million with a only a slight increase in millage.
The bond would likely be used for roof repairs, additional classrooms at both
elementary schools and phase 2 of a track.
12) Discussion and Vote to Accept as Substantially Complete the Middle School
Construction Project and High School Classroom Project. --
Approved but final payment will be witheld until both principals concur final
punchlist items have been satisfied.
a) Penni Pennick, MS Gym Snack Bar. -- Approved
14) Hire Personnel to Fill Current Vacancies: -- Approved
a) Ashlee Priest, Teachers' Aide, High School Special Education.
b) Lori Moore, MS Gym Snack Bar.
15) Assistant Superintendent's Report. -- Terry Due
reported on personnel changes within the Sparks architecture firm but satisfaction
with both Sparks and Crossland and the middle school and high school projects.
16) Superintendent's Report. -- Pat Herald reported
on several topics:
Comprehensive Plan meet Tuesday 10/11 at CHS
fuel bill has jumped from about $8,000 to $20,000
gas price increase also anticipated
volleyball team at state tournament Oct. 14
17) Announcements. -- none
18) New Business. -- Resignation of Dana Howard and
hire of Wanda Smidt to replace her at middle school snak bar --
|This web site is brought to you by
Museum In Collinsville and the other advertisers appearing on these
pages. If you would like to provide content or advertisements ...
call Ted Wright (918) 371-1901 or send email to
Bond Issue Options Discussed
From New Middle School
CHS Softball team was introduced to the school board. Coach Stan Irvine indicated
the team will be trying to raise money to help buy each girl a championship
ring (which the school is not allowed to buy by state regulations). The team
finished with a 39-2 record this season.
Richardson represented the State Champions on the softball team in presenting
the 4A championship trophy to the school board.
a tour of the new portion of the middle school the board members toured the
band room with new lighting, carpets and paint.